Stop Home & Business Burglaries -- Don’t Tempt a Thief!
Lock all outside doors and windows before you leave the house or go to bed. Even if it is for a short period of time, lock your doors and windows.
REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITIES TO UPD @ (801) 743-7000
Leave lights on when you go out. If you are going to be away for a length of time, connect some lamps with automatic timers to turn on in the evening and off during the day. Also you can notify the Unified Police Department / Taylorsville Precinct to request a property check while you are away. (385-468-9435)
Keep your garage door closed and locked at all times!
Do not leave lawn mowers or other easily stolen yard items in plain view.
Secure vacant rental or foreclosure properties from air conditioning and copper thefts by using a padlock and chain security device or by caging in the unit so thieves cannot reach the valuable metal.
Do not allow daily deliveries of mail, newspapers, or flyers build up while you are away. Arrange with the United States Postal Service to hold your mail or arrange for a friend or neighbor to pick them up regularly. (https://holdmail.usps.com
Arrange for your lawn to be mowed or your snow to be removed by a trusted individual while you are gone for an extended period of time.
Check your locks on doors and windows and replace them if necessary.
Push button locks on doorknobs to exterior doors are easy for burglars to open. Replace them with deadbolt locks.
Sliding glass doors are vulnerable. Special locks are available for better security. Check with your local home improvement store for assistance.
Auto Theft & Burglary Prevention
Stop Auto Theft and Burglaries -- Don’t Tempt a Thief!
FACT: A car is stolen approximately every 25 seconds somewhere in the U.S.
FACT: Most of these crimes are preventable!
Some criminals can take your car in less than 2 minutes. You can use an anti-theft device to make your car less appealing to a thief. Most of those devices cost less than the insurance deductible paid out if their car is stolen and there are discounts offered for using them. Late Model Hondas and Saturns are some of the most stolen cars in Utah!
Vehicle Theft & Burglary Prevention Tips
• Park in well-lighted areas.
• REPORT ANY SUSPICOUS ACTIVITIES TO UPD!
• Close all windows, lock all doors, and take the vehicle keys with you. 25% of stolen vehicles had the keys in the ignition, most with the engine running!
• Do not leave anything of value in plain view. IF IT CAN BE SEEN IT CAN BE STOLEN!
• Never hide a second set of keys anywhere on or near your car.
• Never leave your car running. Even if you’ll only be gone for a minute.
• Don’t become complacent because you drive an older model car. Older cars are often stripped for parts that are sold for two or three times the value of the vehicle.