Put these items in the Blue Can
• Mixed paper: Paper products such as newspapers, magazines junk mail and envelopes, folders, card stock, colored paper, telephone and paperback books.
• Plastics: Products such as plastic bottles and containers with numbers (usually on the bottom), unsoiled styrofoam and plastic grocery bags.
• Cardboard: Items such as cereal boxes, beverage cartons, shoe and tissue boxes, paper bags, paper towels and egg cartons.
• Aluminum and tin cans
• Metals: Products such as aluminum cans, aluminum foil, empty aerosol cans, cookware, pots and pans, scrap copper and brass, metal hangers and non-electronic small appliances
Do Not Put these items in the Blue Can
Glass Collection Drop-off Sites:
Herriman Fire Station
5928 W. 13100 South
Holladay City Hall
4580 S. 2300 East
Salt Lake Community College
4386 S. Redwood Rd.
Scott Avenue Park
3475 South 800 East
1658 W. 4800 South
Upper District Park
3800 S. Wasatch Blvd.
• Yard Waste: grass clippings, sod, wood scraps can be used for mulch
• Food and liquid waste
• Fabrics: Blankets, towels, pillows, clothing, shoes
• Other Waste: Light bulbs (any kind), ceramics and china, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, plastic tarps, plastic wrap, diapers, printer and toner cartridges, and soiled or dirty paper and tissues.